With more and more gadgets being launched for you to listen to music on, getting a hold of good quality portable CD players is becoming difficult. CD players are quite a 90s thing, most kids now listen to music on their iPods or their phones.
If you are someone who loves listening to music, chances are you have hundreds of CDs stacked up waiting to be listened to.
Boomboxes are quite chunky and large and certainly not a good option for this activity. You need the best portable CD players you can get your hands on.
And with a CD player, you can move around your house and listen to music freely. These things are quite dainty and easy to store so that the player won’t take up too much space in your house.
10 Best Portable CD Players
If you’re in the market for a portable CD player, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before making your purchase. First, consider the type of player you want: there are portable CD players that come with built-in speakers and those that don’t. Second, think about how you’ll use the player: will you carry it around with you or use it at home? Third, consider your budget: portable CD players can range in price from under $50 to over $200.
Now that you know what to look for, here are our top 10 picks for the best portable CD players on the market:
1. Tenswall Portable CD Player
As no one walks around with CDs anymore, we understand that buying an accessory just for CDs might sound a little irrational to you.
That is why we recommend this portable CD player by Tenswall. Not only can you play your CDs on this thing, but the music player is a Bluetooth speaker, USB flash drive compatible, has an FM radio option, and also works as a home boombox.
Once this is in your hands, you won’t have to purchase any other kind of music-playing device. The CD player has it all.
Weighing just 1.85 pounds, this compact CD player is quite portable. Take the player to any party, yoga class, or the park and enjoy some music! A wall mounting kit that comes with the CD player allows you to easily set this CD player up in any room you want. This player only needs one CR2 battery that is included with the purchase.
- Wall mountable, with the mounting kit included
- Weighs just 1.85 pounds and is compact
- Runs on one CR2 battery that is also included with purchase
- Can be connected to Bluetooth and USB flash drive
2. Gueray Portable CD Player
If you’re tired of using CD players that constantly need a change of batteries or run out of charge too soon, this is the CD player for you.
This portable CD player, weighing just 230grams, is the best portable music player. Powered by a 1400mAh battery, you won’t have to buy AA batteries for your CD player ever again.
Get a fully charged music player with a long run time in just 4 hours. For your convenience, you can also charge the device using a USB cable at any place. If you want, you can also connect the CD player to your car stereo. All AUX cables and USB cables are included with the purchase.
The product comes in a sleek black color and has a clear LCD that is easy to read even in sunlight.
- Jazz, classic, pop, rock, BBS and many more sound effects to choose from
- Works great with car stereos and any AUX compatible device
- Clear LCD
- Small in size
- Rechargeable battery
- Long run time with just 4 hours of charge
3. Sony ZSRS60BT CD Boombox with Bluetooth and NFC
No one can beat sony when it comes to making music playing devices. Most of the boomboxes and CD players in the 90s were by sony. The company makes players that last for ages!
This boombox from Sony isn’t any different. Connectable with Bluetooth and NFC, you can listen to any kind of music from your phone. The device is also compatible with USB flash drives and plays any kind of CD-R/RW or CD smoothly. On top of all that, you also get an FM option that lets you save up to 30 presets.
A clear LCD lets you monitor your tracks, and a long-lasting battery life of 26 hours lets you play music non-stop. The compact CD player does not weight that much and also comes with a handle so you can carry the player around easily. This is a classic 90s boombox that comes with all the modern features that you need.
- Lightweight; comes with a handle for portability
- Very durable; will last you ages
- Can be connected to Bluetooth and NFC
- Can play any kind of CD-R/RW or CD smoothly
- LCD screen to monitor all your tracks
4. Coby Portable Compact Anti-Skip CD Player
Looking for a high-quality CD player that is affordable and comes with earbuds as well? Well, we’ve got you covered. A great set of earbuds that provide high quality and loud sound is included with this CD player. But if you want, you can also use any kind of earbuds that fit the 3.5mm jack.
Operating on two AA batteries, this is the classic 90’s CD player that all of us had in school. The player only supports CDs and nothing else. To save up on battery life, once the CD is done playing, the player automatically powers off.
Hard buttons on the side allow you to search, skip, and play music without having to take out the device from your pockets. For both horizontal and vertical shock protection, the CD player has a 60-second skip-free technology. Listen to your favorite songs without having to worry about skipping.
- 60-second skip-free technology
- Protected from both horizontal and vertical shock
- Powered by two AA batteries
- Automatically turns off when CD is done playing
- Hard buttons on the side allow easy control of the music
5. NAVISKAUTO Portable CD Player
With great audio quality, this CD player also has great looks. Available in a sleek and shiny black and silver packaging, this CD will catch everyone’s eye for sure. With a bright and clear LED display, you can now wake up your screen easily. The display can be read clearly in sunlight as well.
Jazz, classic, pop, rock, and BBS are the five effects that you can play around with for different sound alterations. With the handy AUX cable that is provided to you with your purchase, you can connect the device to your car or any AUX compatible device.
And with up to 100 and 180 seconds of skip protection for CDs and MP3 CDs respectively this is the music player to get. The amazing sound quality and playback system make this device the best amongst a lot.
- Comes in a sleek and shiny black and white packaging
- The screen is easy to wake up with the buttons and LED screen
- 5 sound effects to choose from
- Can be connected to a car with the AUX cable that is provided
- Compatible with any AUX cable connectable device
- 100 seconds of skip protection for CDs and MP3 CDs respectively
6. Alice Dreams Wall mountable Wireless CD Music Player
CD players that you can mount to your wall are the best to have at home. They can be attached to the living room, gym, study just anywhere you want some music.
Wall mountable CD players like this one can then be detached and carried around at your convenience. This model also has a stand that you can use to place the player on a table or flat surface. Besides being able to play any CD-RW/R or CD you have at home, this music player can also be connected to your phone through Bluetooth.
USB flash drives can also be connected along with any device that is compatible with an AUX cord. This flexible and versatile CD player is what any music lover needs at home. An easy-to-use remote control lets you adjust the volume, skim to new music, pause and play easily without having to move.
- Can be connected to Bluetooth
- Compatible with USB flash drives
- Can be connected to cars with AUX cord
- Wall mountable and has a stand as well
- Easy to carry, lightweight
- Easy to control with multifunctional remote control
- Can play music from any mobile phone, MP3, CD-RW/R or CD
7. Jensen Portable CD-120BK Portable Personal CD Player
This CD player comes with earbuds that are high quality and also long-lasting. The earbud is easy to store with the CD player. At a weight of just 9.1 ounces, you will be able to carry this CD player along with the earbuds anywhere. The earbud and music player duo fits ring into any bag or pocket with ease.
Also, the auto power-off bass boost makes the audio quality so much better. If you’re into pop and R&B, this CD player is a must-have for you.
To prevent horizontal and vertical shock, this player also comes with a 60-second anti-skip feature. The LCD on the top lets you skip, pause, play, and rewind your music with just a few simple clicks.
- Comes with high-quality earbuds that can be stored with the CD player
- Easy to carry around; fits into a bad or pockets easily
- Boosts bass for better quality music
- Prevents horizontal and vertical shock
- 60-second anti-skip feature
- Easy to control features thanks to the LCD
8. Monodeal Rechargeable Personal Compact Disc Player
A CD player that has a large screen comes in handy when you’re driving, under broad daylight, in places with darker lighting, etc. With a large screen of 1.4 x 0.8 inches, you get to operate your CD player more easily. You can play the CD in random order.
Play your favorite song over and over again with the repeat option. A smart memory function lets you play the music from where you left off instead of starting over again. Manual on, off, rewind, replay, and other options make using the CD player easier if you’re driving. You don’t have to look into the screen.
CD-R, MP3 CDs, HDCDs, and all kinds of formats can be played on this music player. With the help of a 3.5mm AUX cord, you can connect the device to your car and listen to your favorite audiobooks, music or FM radio station on the go.
- Large 1.4 x 0.8-inch screen, easy to read in both too dark and too bright places
- Adjust your playlist with the repeat, replay, and random play option
- Manual buttons make the music player car-friendly
- Supports all kinds of formats, such as MP3 CDs, HDCDs, CD-Rs, etc.
9. GPX PCB319B Portable Cd Player
Fun and useful playback options like skip, rewind, repeat, and random allow you get to enjoy the music you like in your way. No more need to keep on pushing buttons to get the perfect playlist.
Powered by 2 AA batteries, this music player does not need to be charged. You can listen to music all day long without interruption. AA batteries are also easily accessible, so replacing batteries won’t be an issue. With MP3 CDs, you get up to 100 seconds of anti-skip protection, and with normal CDs, you get 40-seconds.
Thanks to the wireless and Bluetooth options, you can listen to music from your phone or computer if you don’t own any CDs. Lightweight CD players like this one can be carried around easily. Weighing just 8.8 ounces with a compact construction, this CD player will fit into any pocket or handbag.
- Good music quality and can be connected to Bluetooth
- Weighs just 8.8 ounces
- Earbuds included
- Fun playback options like repeat, random and rewind
- Powered by 2 AA batteries; never runs out of charge
- 100-second anti-slip protection with MP3 CDs and 40-second anti-slip protection from CDs
10. HOTT Rechargeable Portable CD Player
Tired of having to stop listening to music cause of a dead battery? Powered by a large size lithium rechargeable battery, you won’t have to worry about that problem anymore.
This built-in battery requires only a few hours of charge to give you 10 hours of playtime. No need to worry about buying batteries and carrying around a charger all the time. With this CD player in your hand, you can listen to music, audiobooks, or the FM radio non-stop.
MP3 disk, CD, CD-R, CD WMA – you name it, this player is compatible with all. With the help of an AUX cord that is compatible with the 3.5mm jack, you can connect this device with your car. Any earbud or speaker that runs with 3.5mm cables can also be used with this CD player.
- Resume options let you pick up the music where you left
- 5 sounds effects of playing around with
- Rechargeable battery; no need to spend money on batteries anymore
- 10 hours of runtime with a full charge
- Compatible with MP3 disks, CD, CD-R, CD WMA
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Anti-skip and anti-shock technology
What are the Different Types of Portable Cd Players Available
Portable CD players come in various shapes and sizes, each with its unique set of features. The most common type of portable CD player is the handheld model, which is small enough to fit in your pocket and comes with a built-in clip for attaching to your belt or clothing. These players typically have a small display for track information and basic controls for play/pause, skip forward/backward, and volume.
Some models also include additional features such as an FM radio tuner, voice recorder, or USB port for connecting to a computer or other devices. Another popular type of portable CD player is the boombox, which is larger than a handheld player and designed for carrying around like a suitcase. Boomboxes typically feature two speakers for stereo sound, along with a more powerful amplifier than what is found in most handheld players.
This makes them ideal for listening to music at higher volumes, whether you’re indoors or outdoors. Many boomboxes also include additional features such as an AM/FM radio tuner, cassette player/recorder, or even Bluetooth connectivity so you can stream audio from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly. If you’re looking for the ultimate in portability (and price), then there are also several miniature CD players on the market that are about the size of a deck of cards but still pack all the features of a full-sized player into their tiny frames.
These ultra-portable players typically have monaural sound output (rather than stereo), but they make up for it by being extremely lightweight and easy to carry around with you wherever you go.
How Do I Choose the Right Portable Cd Player for Me
When choosing a portable CD player, you’ll want to consider the following factors:
1. Battery life: How long does the player’s battery last?
You’ll want a player with long battery life if you plan on using it for extended periods of time or for travel.
2. Playback options: Does the player have various playback options such as shuffle and repeat?
These can be helpful if you want to listen to your CDs in a non-linear fashion or to hear your favorite tracks repeatedly.
3. Sound quality: This is an important factor to consider regardless of the audio device you use.
Make sure to test out the sound quality of any portable CD players you’re considering before making your final decision.
4. Ease of use: How easy is the player to operate?
If you’re looking for a player that’s simple to use, then look for one with basic controls and an easy-to-navigate menu system. However, if you don’t mind spending some time learning how to use a more complicated player, then one with more features may be better suited for you.
What are the Features to Look for in a Portable Cd Player
There are a few features you should look for when choosing a portable CD player. Firstly, consider the battery life and whether it’s rechargeable – you don’t want to be caught short without power. Secondly, think about the size and weight of the unit – it needs to be small and light enough to carry around with you but not so flimsy that it feels like it could break easily.
Finally, have a look at the playback controls and make sure they’re easy to use; some players have complicated menus that can be frustrating to navigate. Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you should be able to find a portable CD player that suits your needs perfectly.
These CD players have all the features you will ever need in a music player. They are connectable to Bluetooth, cars, and any AUX cord adaptable device. With that, you get great quality sound and different playback options. Powered by rechargeable batteries, both of these will give you a long-running duration.
No need to worry about replacing batteries anymore. So, if you’re still confused about which one to get, we recommend getting either the CD player by HOTT or Tanswell.
Finding the best sounding portable CD players should not be too hard now, with so many options available to you. So bust out that old CD and start playing some music!