Lenovo is a Chinese tech company that has taken the title of the world’s leading laptop manufacturer. It has been topping the list of PC units shipped for the past few years, dominating the market share. Surprisingly, there is just a handful of Lenovo laptop series, but within those series, there are many other types.
So how exactly did this company get so successful so fast? Well, they cracked the formula of what users needed: i.e., affordability paired with durability. Much like its competitors HP and Dell, this brand also produces laptops for all needs, including business, personal use, school, and gaming.
Table of Contents
All Lenovo Laptop Series
The five main Lenovo series pretty much cover all the user needs. We will talk about each below:
Lenovo ThinkPad laptops are the most commonly used laptops in the business world. These are specifically designed for enterprise use, with better security features, tools, and a durable body.
This is also the most diverse series with lots of models and configurations on the market. More importantly, these laptops come with Windows 10 Pro, which is the professional version of the operating system.
Another good thing is that there’s a decent variety of sizes. Those who just use it as a workstation can opt for the biggest screen available, while those who have to do some traveling as part of their job can go for smaller ones.
There are several sub-series within the ThinkPad brand:
- ThinkPad X1 Series: These are ultra-slim, lightweight, premium-quality laptops that are the highest priced in the ThinkPad family. The X1 series also contains the famous X1 Carbon laptops that have a carbon fiber body.
- ThinkPad X Series: These are smaller screen, travel-friendly laptops with decent processing power and storage.
- ThinkPad P Series: These are high-performing laptops suitable for more tech-savvy enterprises. (ISV-certified)
- ThinkPad T Series: These laptops are designed with a focus on durability and with longer battery lives, ideal for on-the-field jobs.
- ThinkPad L Series: These laptops are productivity-focused but still at low-end pricing.
- ThinkPad E Series: These are entry-level laptops for business users with some of the lowest prices.
- ThinkPad 11e Series: These laptops are for students, designed with traditional looks and rugged materials for long-lasting performance.
- ThinkPad A Series: These are AMD-powered laptops with AMD GPU as well for handling a bit heavier graphics needs.
- ThinkPad X1 Fold: This is the latest addition to the X1 series, as it’s the world’s first foldable laptop. It’s basically a small laptop that’s all touchscreen.
Lenovo has made the Ideapad series very inclusive with laptops ranging from low-end to high-end, both in terms of features and corresponding prices. There is something for everyone within this one single series.
Whether you’re looking for a laptop for work or school, or you’re a casual gamer, these laptops can cover all those needs. The processors on these are Intel Core and AMD Ryzen. Similarly, some models have HDD storage, while upper-tier models mostly have SSD disks.
The laptops have contemporary designs with a sleek body, but not all models are portable. The ones with 15.6 inches or bigger screens can be a bit heavier in comparison with portable laptops from other brands.
Here are the different series within the Ideapad Series:
- Ideapad 5 Series: This is the latest in the Ideapad family of laptops, packing in a powerful battery that lasts long. These are ultra-slim laptops with minimal bezels, so you have a nearly edge-to-edge screen. Display sizes include 14, 15, and 16 inches.
- Ideapad 3 Series: These are the most popular Lenovo Ideapad that are performance-intensive. Ideal for work and creative projects, these machines can easily support heavier applications.
- Ideapad 1 Series: These are lightweight, portable entry-level laptops perfect for casual users or school students. The prices are very affordable, and the laptops have interesting color choices.
- Ideapad S Series: This is another affordable laptop series, perfect for everyday use. The display ranges from 14 to 17 inches.
- Ideapad Gaming 3 Series: Much like the ThinkPad Gaming series, the Ideapad Gaming series is also a good option as an entry-level, multipurpose gaming laptop. The laptops have backlit keys where only the key labels glow. If you’re looking for something you can work on and also play games, this series is a good option.
- Ideapad Flex Series: The Ideapad Flex Series consists of powerful 2-in-1 laptops with a touchscreen. These are slightly pricier, thanks to powerful processors and quality display. Also, the screen sizes include 11, 14, and 15 inches.
- Ideapad C Series: These are budget-friendly 2-in-1 laptops for home and work use. It only comes in 14 inches.
- Ideapad Duet: The Ideapad Duet laptop is a versatile 2-in-1 machine with a screen that detaches and comes with a stand. It’s ultra-sleek and lightweight, perfect for those looking for more flexibility.
- Ideapad Creator Series: These are stylish, powerful laptops created exclusively for content creators. The processor and memory can support content producing and editing programs easily.
- Ideapad L Series: These are affordable clamshell machines powerful enough to support certain design applications. The L3 laptop in the series comes with Dolby Audio.
The Lenovo Yoga series is aptly named as these are ultra-slim, lightweight laptops that offer a lot of flexibility. The Yoga series is more popular for its incredible 2-in-1 laptops. Now, when we say ultra-slim, we mean it because these are super sleek.
Since the screen flips back completely, you can also use it in what they call ‘tent mode.’ The hinge is actually a soundbar, which is pretty impressive and ideal for those who do a lot of meetings, edit videos, or just like music when they are working.
These are made from aluminum throughout, which is a lightweight yet sturdy material. It also lends the machine a beautiful finish.
You can choose from Yoga Slim laptops or go for the Yoga 2-in-1 with a touchscreen. You can also use a touch pen on the touchscreen, which makes those models a good choice for artists and designers.
Most models come with an Intel Core processor, but there are AMD Ryzen variants as well. These are pricier than most ThinkPad and IdeaPad laptops. You can expect to spend over a grand on a Yoga laptop.
Here are the top three in the Yoga Series:
- Lenovo Yoga 9i
- Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro (AMD)
- Lenovo Yoga Creator 7i
The Lenovo Legion series is the company’s flagship gaming laptop series. While most laptops are for pro gamers who want the latest NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, some are relatively low-priced and suitable for entry-level gamers. These are a step up from the gaming laptops in ThinkPad and Ideapad series.
You will find all the classic gaming laptop features in Legion machines, including backlit keyboards, powerful GPUs, faster frame rates, and optimized cooling systems. The keys can light up in many colors.
The Legion 5 Series is the most powerful, all-rounder gaming laptops, packed with features and killer displays. Then the Legion 7 Series is a bit more versatile with a minimalistic design.
The Legion Y Series laptops are gaming laptops with slim bodies, making them more portable and travel-friendly than traditional gaming laptops that are heavy and chunky. It features white backlit keys, and the screen size is a whopping 17.3 inches. In other sub-series, you can find smaller 15.6 inches screens as well.
No matter what processor you prefer in your gaming laptop, you can choose as most models come with both Intel Core and AMD Ryzen options.
Prices vary but are generally more affordable if you compare with other gaming laptop series from HP or Dell. There are many other advanced features that make these laptops cutting-edge, allowing the gaming experience to be just how you would want.
Here are the key features of the Lenovo Legion gaming laptops:
- Latest Intel and AMD processors
- Generous SSD storage
- HD display with varying refresh rates
- Nahimic 3D audio in Legion 7 series
- Ultra-slim models
- Long battery life
The Lenovo ThinkBook laptops are more suitable for small businesses, employees who travel a lot, and freelancers. These machines are lightweight, made of sturdy aluminum, and feature advanced security features. You can log in with fingerprints and encrypt files.
The designs are quite simple, as these laptops focus more on what’s on the inside. Still, the sleek body gives these laptops a modern feel. Some models have an FHD display, paired with Dolby Audio, which makes them good for entertainment as well.
The sizes range from 14 to 16 inches, which is indicated by the model name, for example, ThinkBook 14 or ThinkBook 15. The battery life ranges from 6 to 10 hours, which is pretty decent for a business laptop.
Lenovo has been making some of the best laptops in the market for a long time now, and their top spot is rightly deserved. What else could you ask for if you’re getting a durable, high-performing laptop at a reasonable price?
That said, many models can cost above $1000. Still, if you’re looking for something under $1000, Lenovo is the answer. You can easily find a decent ThinkPad or Ideapad laptop in this price range.