Microsoft always amazes people with its new updates from time to time. Windows 10 came into existence on July 29th, 2018. Millions of users are upgrading Windows 10 as an automatic update over Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Before installing this new update, the users need to know about the laptop requirements for running this version. Windows 10’s recommended update automatically checks the compatibility and notifies you about your devices’ compatibility issues, preventing it from upgradation. Users who have desktops or laptops do not face any problems, and they get automatically updated.
Minimum System Requirements for Installing Windows 10
The system requirements for Windows 10 are the same as that of Windows 7. If your laptop runs Windows 7, it will also run Windows 10 as both operating systems have the same hardware requirements.
New laptops have, by default, Windows 10 build operating systems. Microsoft always encourages taking advantage of new offers for existing and new users. The basic requirements for purchasing or installing Windows 10 on a laptop are as follows:
|1 gigahertz (GHz), system-on-a-chip or faster processor
|1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 gigabytes (GB) for 64 bits
|DirectX 9 or newer with WDDM 1.0 driver
|Hard Drive Space
|16GBsystem or 32GB for the 64-bit operating system
|800 × 600
|A WLAN connectivity is needed to perform all the updates and download them to take advantage of new features. Windows 10 Pro in S mode requires an internet connection during the initial setup.
The requirements for windows 7 are the same as that of Windows 10, although it needs more hard disk space. To know about your laptop’s internal storage, this has a Windows 7 operating system, open windows explorer and look under the Computer icon.
Updated Changes on Your Laptop After Upgrading Windows 7, 8, 8.1 To 10
Windows 10 is specially designed to provide new updates on the device for a specific period. Generally, two types of updates are provided, such as feature updates and quality updates. Quality updates comprise security and non-security updates, which release once a month.
The future update comprises quality and new features to the Windows 10 operating system and is given twice a year. You need to activate security updates to ensure that your laptop receives these updates, as it is the duty of windows 10 to check your system updates.
If there is an update and you have enough disc space present on your device, the installation will start automatically. Let us know the additional system updates that Windows 10 will provide over other Windows OS.
- Floppy Devices: If your laptop has a floppy drive, you must download the latest driver from the windows update or manufacturer’s website.
- Windows Media Center: If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 versions with media center, then after installing Windows 10, your windows media center will get removed.
- Mobile Device Management: Mobile device management function is unavailable in Windows 10 Home edition.
- Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets: You will not find Windows 7 desktop gadgets as they will get removed after installing windows 10.
- Microsoft Games: Default Microsoft games such as Solitaire, Heart, and Minesweeper pre-installed on Windows 7 will get removed after installing Windows 10 upgrade as Microsoft had released new version games.
- One Drive Application: One drive application will get replaced with one drive inbox version after Windows 10 upgradation.
- Snap: Snap is applied to two applications.
Benefits of Using Windows 10 Over Other Windows OS
The only advantage that Windows 10 is worth noting that it is faster than another Windows OS. The latest Windows 10 version has a better solution to the Spectre problem.
In an older version of the laptop, its performance is most slow on Windows 7, whose Spectre gets slows down. Windows 10 uses less RAM than Windows 7. It also enables fast startup so that your laptop will boot faster.
Windows 10 is designed to provide good performance on the core operating system, which runs Windows 7. Some additional advantages of Windows 10 are:
- System updates
- Excellent virus protection
- Touch screen monitors for hybrid laptops
- Faster operating system
- Excellent control over Windows 10 operating system
If you are still using Windows 7, you can upgrade the operating system to Windows 10. All you need is a Windows 7 or 8.1 key or a properly activated and licensed version of windows 10.
Microsoft always encourages users to take advantage of new versions before they end its support on previous versions. Updating to windows 10 gives you total security on new updates.
If you think that your laptop will not run windows 10 OS well, consider buying a new laptop as modern laptops have adequate storage, faster CPUs, better battery life, and graphics hardware than the older ones.