“I am going to buy you a new laptop one of these days to show my love for you in the sweetest way.”
“Honey, you don’t have to do that. My old one is doing perfectly fine. Well, except for the fact that I cannot use some of the software. But it’s no biggie.”
“Some of the software, what do you mean?! I know that the old one’s very dear to you. But let’s face it; it’s not supporting ANY software lately.”
So, you’re determined to buy your spouse the best laptop for SolidWorks ever produced on the market. And we’re eager to help you in your noble cause. So, how about you check out this review article real fast and see how helpful we can be?
- 10 Best Laptops for SolidWorks
- 1. MSI WE72 7RJ-1032US 17.3″ Professional Workstation Laptop
- 2. Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En
- 3. HP ZBook 15v G5 Mobile Workstation Laptop
- 4. Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop
- 5. ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop
- 6. HP OMEN 15 2020 Gaming Laptop
- 7. Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming Laptop
- 8. Microsoft Surface Book 2
- 9. Dell XPS 15 9570 Gaming Laptop
- 10. Dell i5577-5335BLK-PUS Inspiron
- Best Laptops for SolidWorks: Quick Answers
10 Best Laptops for SolidWorks
We loved to review these laptops. For, there were so many fascinating features consider. Besides, it was amazing how each of them stood out with their own set of incredible features and technologies. We welcome you to a world full of crazy graphics, fast processor, outstanding memory, and whatnot.
1. MSI WE72 7RJ-1032US 17.3″ Professional Workstation Laptop
The best laptop on our list will surprise you with the built-in rapid response. Its NVIDIA Quadro video with 4 GB plays the most significant role in making it a solid performer. You’ll find it refusing to lag even if ambient occlusion and RealView Graphics are in use.
We also love the super-sharp display. It has thin lines that are perfectly well-defined. And the power is gigantic enough to tackle high settings. Now, if you’re worried about running multiple programs simultaneously, then the 32 GB RAM will take that worry away.
Moreover, the processor will make the laptop faster than you can imagine. We are also pleased with the separate numerical keypad.
Furthermore, the function key will provide you with a quick setting of the brightness, volume, and the like. Plus, did we mention that it also has an LED backlight keyboard?
However, one user thought of tech support as “terrible” and the design “weak.” It might be slow with bad graphics and unfitting as an on-the-run workstation for some. Also, the CPU could perform better with a short rendering time.
- NVIDIA Quadro video with 4 GB for solid performance
- Extremely quick response with no lag
- Super-sharp display with thin lines that are perfectly well-defined
- The power is gigantic to tackle high settings
- The tech support and design could’ve been better
2. Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En
The next laptop on the list will blow you away with the Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 Quad-Core Processor it offers. Great power is what we’re seeing. The 256 GB SSD storage drive, will provide you with immediate booting up. Plus, you will have the quickest access to your files.
We also love the 16GB DDR4 RAM because this RAM option offers the best performance when you have numerous software programs open simultaneously. Moreover, the NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4GB GDDR5 graphics card will make all the prior experiences with visuals boring.
Another worth mentioning feature is the 15.6″ FHD IPS display with a resolution of 1920×1080. It will provide the sharpness every gamer desires. You should also check out the backlit keyboard that will increase the gaming fun significantly.
One user found a nonworking HDMI port on his laptop. Plus, a touch screen would’ve been appreciated which the computer doesn’t have. Also, the speaker might keep making weird noises. What is more, the mouse may not work with the laptop at times.
- Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 Quad-Core Processor for great speed
- 16GB DDR4 RAM to work on multiple applications at the same time
- Brilliant NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4GB GDDR5 graphics card
- Awesome 15.6″ FHD IPS display with a resolution of 1920×1080
- One user found a nonworking HDMI port in his laptop
3. HP ZBook 15v G5 Mobile Workstation Laptop
The next item will please you for sure if you’re used to working with many software programs at the same time. Yes, we’re talking about the remarkable 16GB DDR4 SDRAM memory, of course. Also, the backlight keyboard is beautifully designed. And the fingerprint reader is an impressive feature.
The best thing about this laptop is its 8th Intel i7-8750H 6-Core processor. The processor will provide excellent speed and immense power. In addition, the NVIDIA Quadro P600 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM will offer the best graphics needed while playing high-quality games.
We also are partial to the 15.6″ full HD touchscreen glossy display with 1920×1080 resolution. It will provide crystal clear visuals. And the connectivity options include Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45), Wi-Fi 5, Dual-Band, Bluetooth 5.0, and the like. Lastly, memory is surprisingly extended.
What’s also impressive is the 1TB HDD paired with the 512GB PCIe SSD, which means storage will be ample. Also, the microphone and speaker will show excellent performance. However, the removal of the Ethernet cord might be a hassle.
- 16GB DDR4 SDRAM memory to work on multiple applications at once
- 8th Generation Intel i7-8750H 6-Core processor for immense speed
- Multiple connectivities; Ethernet (RJ45), Wi-Fi 5, Dual-Band, Bluetooth
- 1TB HDD paired with the 512GB PCIe SSD for ample storage
- The removal of the Ethernet cord could be a hassle for some
4. Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop
Are you looking for a laptop for outrageous performance? Then check out the next product that boasts an HD thin-bezel display to make its performance more supreme. Yes, the 144Hz 15.6 inches display will complement the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor like nothing else.
You should also be ecstatic about the edging out of the win it offers. The fact that it will let you enjoy the 5.0 GHz max turbo makes it even more appealing. And as if that’s not extraordinary enough, it had to come with six cores to blow you away.
Then we want to talk about the aesthetics it shows. We are referring to the CNC aluminum unibody frame that couldn’t be impressively thinner. At only 0.78-inch, it will offer you the durability you crave and the most remarkably compact footprint too.
Now, the heat may not be suitable for the long run. Also, a buyer found the rubber beneath the laptop to be unshaped, making the device unstable while typing. And the lack of a touch screen can be shocking for some.
- HD thin-bezel display for supreme performance with visuals
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor for crazy speed
- Aluminum unibody frame couldn’t be thinner
- 0 GHz max turbo for extra excellence
- The heat might not be good for the long run
5. ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop
This time we’re reviewing a laptop with an 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Thanks to the engineering fit the brand pulls off, again and again, it will stay as cool as a winter evening. We’re also excited about the size of this laptop. It couldn’t be slimmer.
You need to check out the GeForce RTX 2080 with a Max-Q design that will take you to another land of wonder. When it comes to frames, the 144Hz/3ms display is just what you need to destroy your opponent in the latest game. It will lower input lag, sharpen the visuals, and eliminate blurring.
Turing GPU architecture produces real-time ray tracing. The RTX platform shouldn’t fail in bringing artificial intelligence. What’s also worth mentioning is the RTX graphics card that makes your day by offering programmable shading.
Things would’ve been more incredible if a customer didn’t have to put up with a broken hinge after one month of use. Another one found the laptop refused to turn on at one point, and the customer support let him down. Also, the keyboard position might be a little awkward for some.
- GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q design for extreme graphics
- 144Hz/3ms display will lower input lag and sharpen the visuals
- NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture for producing real-time ray tracing
- RTX platform for bringing artificial intelligence
- Has durability issues at times
6. HP OMEN 15 2020 Gaming Laptop
Are you looking for a laptop to prioritize the massive gaming traffic? Then you’re in the right place. This device will offer you minimized latency through its command center. You’ll also be happy with the control over the CPU overclocking settings.
We are optimistic about the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060. For real-time ray tracing, there couldn’t be a better option; it will enhance the graphics like nothing else. Moreover, the WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display is a sight to watch. With a 60Hz refresh rate, it offers the best gaming experience.
Now, what about the speed of the processor? Well, the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H processor is known to be furiously fast. And when it pairs with the turbo boost technology, the gaming experience will trespass the last limit of excitement.
One downfall is that you might be misguided to think that the display is a 144Hz screen, whereas it’s only a 60Hz one. This issue is something at least three customers had to experience. What is more, the battery may start to have problems after only a few days of use.
- Minimized latency through the command center
- Easy control over the CPU overclocking settings
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 for real-time ray tracing
- WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display is a sight to watch
- You could be misguided about the specs related to the 60Hz screen
7. Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming Laptop
Here’s another excellent gaming laptop you must check out. We’re impressed with the Dopoundsy audio technology that makes it one of the best devices as far as sound quality goes. Another thing to be excited about is the freedom of choosing gaming modes.
While the ‘quick’ mode will offer you a super-fast experience, the ‘quiet’ mode will let you be a gentleman, not disturbing your neighbors. What’s more, the NVIDIA GeForce graphics will assist you in defeating your opponent through super-smooth gameplay.
We’re impressed with its HD IPS display. The 15.6-inch screen offers a 1920×1080 resolution to improve your visual experience. So, enjoying the tiny details of your favorite game will be a possibility this time. Likewise, the 9th-Generation Intel Core i5 processor will be fast and powerful.
What’s not cool is a broken backlight on the keyboard within only 3 hours of use. Plus, the laptop mustn’t refuse to turn on after using it for only a week. The plastic build can be a bit less assuring. Furthermore, the keyboard is stiff to use at times and need more pressure to use.
- Dopoundsy audio technology offers one of the best sound dimensions
- Freedom of choosing the gaming modes: the ‘Quick’ and ‘Quiet’
- NVIDIA GeForce Graphics for super-smooth gameplay
- HD IPS display of the 15.6-inch screen offers a 1920×1080 resolution
- Durability issue with the keyboard backlight
8. Microsoft Surface Book 2
Here’s another top-class laptop we’re very eager to review. The device will surprise you with the lightning speed it has. We’re talking about almost 4x more power. So, this combination of speed and power should push you to the verge of excitement while taking down your opponent in games.
The 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor will provide a remarkable gaming experience. And the 1-TB storage is too good to turn down. Also, the 16 GB RAM is great enough to conquer the gaming world. Moreover, you’ll enjoy a max of 17 hours of crazy video playback.
What’s also worth mentioning is the 15-inch Pixel Sense display. It will provide the most realistic visuals. You can choose any of the four included modes to suit your gaming style. Plus, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 will offer the best graphics you could want.
This laptop might stop recognizing the primary graphics card. As a result, it may start using the Intel graphics card, which is significantly less powerful. Besides, the laptop has battery issues at times. And we wish that it had an HDMI port, as well as more USB ports.
- 8th generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor for a great gaming experience
- Privilege to choose any of the four included modes
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 will offer the best graphics
- 15-inch Pixel Sense display will provide the most realistic visuals
- Might stop recognizing the main graphics card after a while
9. Dell XPS 15 9570 Gaming Laptop
The 9th product on the list is all about intense graphics. Yes, we’re talking about the NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti, of course. For extremely colorful visuals, you can count on it. What also is impressive is the anti-reflective touch it has.
The 15.6″ 4K UHD will leave you in awe with the aesthetics, as well as the clarity. So, while playing tricky games, you’ll leave your opponents miles behind by successfully observing the tiny details. You should also be happy with the 8th Gen Intel i9-8950HK processor if you want speed and power.
Moreover, the six cores will enhance the performance considerably. What’s also incredible is the 1TB SSD that will offer all the storage you want. The 32 GB RAM will allow you to explore the deepest valleys of the gaming world.
Now, it might be disappointing when a laptop doesn’t support two-monitor systems. Plus, video editing isn’t easy with the 30-second lag time between displays. Besides, the graphics card might be too weak as far as gaming laptops go.
- NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti for extremely colorful visuals
- 6″ 4K UHD leaves you in awe with the aesthetics as well as clarity
- 8th Gen Intel i9-8950HK processor; when you want speed and power
- 1TB SSD will offer all the storage you want
- Might not support the two-monitor system for some
10. Dell i5577-5335BLK-PUS Inspiron
The last product on the list will astonish you with the 256GB solid-state drive it brings along. If you’re worried about storage, then don’t be anymore. This storage offers the needed stability and responsiveness gamers crave.
Then the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card will provide you with the powerful graphics you want. And when I tell you that it pairs with the 4GB GDDR4 video memory, you’re allowed to feel ecstatic. So, it’s time you turned your dreams of playing at higher settings into a reality.
Moreover, the 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core processor will boast the speed you need to play those intense games. And the Anti-Glare LED-backlit display will bring the best visuals on the 15.6-inch FHD. With all these impressive features in place, you have a laptop to cherish.
Now, it would be miserable if you’re left with a broken laptop after a few uses. And, the case might fall apart after a few months of use. Yes, durability has been an issue for some with this device.
- 256GB solid-state drive for ample storage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card provides powerful graphics
- 4GB GDDR4 video memory for a high-setting gaming experience
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad-Core processor for speed
- Has some durability issues
Best Laptops for SolidWorks: Quick Answers
How can I keep my laptop cool?
You should keep the laptop on a solid surface. This way, the airflow will be better. Many laptop users make the mistake of putting laptops on soft surfaces. As a result, the airflow gets hampered. Hence, they find the device getting heated up in no time.
Is it okay to keep a laptop in a car?
You should avoid doing that as much as you can because the car interior gets hot fast. As a result, you might end up getting a burnt-out hard disk. Even the motherboard can be affected by the heat. However, if you’re forced to keep it in the car, you must turn it off.
What’s the best way to charge a laptop?
The ideal way is charging the laptop up to about 80-percent of its battery. Then, unplug it and use it until the battery is down to around 40-percent. After that, charge the device again. If you can’t do that, at least remember to unplug the laptop once the battery is full.
Is it cool if I stack laptops?
It isn’t prohibited, but not recommended either. For, there’s a big chance that the screen will be damaged due to pressure. However, if you must do it, use a storage bin to store it correctly. Make sure that there’s no pressure on the screen.
What will happen if my laptop gets drenched in water?
The worst-case scenario would be that it damages the laptop completely. The best-case scenario is that you power-down the system, remove the battery, and the laptop remains okay. But no one will take that chance. So, keep it away from any water source.
Do you know which one was the best laptop for SolidWorks for you? It’s the one that made you impatient when going through the rest of the reviews. We’re sure that there’s at least one such product on the list, if not more. So, there’s no point in wasting another moment; just buy your dream laptop already