Random Access Memory (RAM) is a primary and volatile memory that can help facilitate your system’s smooth performance. However, sudden crashing, freezing of computers, and slow operation could mean that some applications may be using high RAM.
Your Laptop needs to have enough RAM to perform optimally and allow you to execute your tasks efficiently. This article will guide you with some fantastic tips to free up RAM on Windows.
The discussion below will provide some ways to clear RAM on Windows.
Table of Contents
1. Close Unnecessary Running Programs
Most unwanted applications and programs tend to run in the background, leading to unnecessary RAM usage. These applications could lead to a slower response of the system because it exceeds RAM’s capacity.
Following are the steps you must take to close the applications running in the background:
Step 1: Type Task Manager on the search box. You can view the open tabs that are currently running and close those not required.
Step 2: Save and close your files once your work is complete.
Step 3: Click on Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Start Maintenance
System maintenance will sometimes scan your system to identify any malware, application updates, and hard drive defragmentation.
2. Disable Software from Startup
Most of the computers and laptops have applications that open up by default during the startup. Unfortunately, this takes up RAM that remains unnoticed by the user most of the time and leads to the system’s slow performance. To avoid such unwanted cases on your Windows, you can perform the following steps.
Step 1: Make sure to uncheck the box Run during startup when you install any software.
Step 2: Go to Settings > Apps > Startup> Startup App
Step 3: Select the desired settings to turn on or off the startup application
3. Uninstall or Disable Software
In almost every system, there are unused programs or software. They pile up in your storage and use up your memory and hard drive. It’s a good idea to declutter your computer from time to time and make more space for your RAM.
Uninstalling applications that are not required is the best way to save RAM and system memory storage. However, if you do not wish to uninstall the software, you can temporarily disable the apps until running the program.
To uninstall any application on Windows 10, go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features
Select the application that you want to take action on.
4. Add More RAM
You have done enough to free up RAM, and yet, the issue remains unsorted. Consider upgrading your Windows with new RAM. It will give your system more space and improve the performance and speed of your PC.
Upgrading is easier on a desktop as compared to Laptop.
Sometimes it becomes impossible to Upgrade RAM in a Laptop due to its fixed technicalities of space. Your new RAM must be compatible with your current device.
5. Use RAM Cleaner Software
There are software available for windows to clear the RAM.
Here are some best RAM cleaners listed for you:
Piriform CCleaner is one of the best all-time RAM cleaners. It is compatible with multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, desktops, and PCs.
Most users claim that CCleaner is the best tool to optimize and boost your device by eliminating the unwanted junk files occupying the RAM.
It offers free and paid versions, with the latter providing access to this powerful RAM cleaning tool’s advanced features.
It is a free tool for memory improvement and management on your windows system. It keeps your system from freezing, crashing, and memory leakage and allows your system to run smoothly.
Some functions performed by RAMRush are:
- It prevents the system from leakage of memory and crashing.
- Boosts the system function and performance.
- Easy memory recovery.
- It is user-friendly for both advanced and beginner levels.
- Displays CPU and RAM usage analysis in real-time.
Advanced System Optimizer
Make your system brand new again using Advanced System Optimizer with assured protection and Maintenance. Advanced system optimizer is known as one of the best online Random Access Memory cleaning tools.
This tool comes with robust features, some of which are mentioned below:
- It is possible to recover and retrieve data when accidentally delete files.
- Manages and deletes your history in a browser for secure and safe online activities.
- It has a special mode dedicated to optimizing the game and thus, offers a hustle-free gaming adventure.
- Offers prompt and speedy performance of the system by clearing RAM’s Storage.
- Removes unwanted files and temporary files to free up storage space on your windows system.
Wise Memory Optimizer
Wise Memory optimizer is compatible with 32-bit & 64-bit OS (operating system). It is an inexpensive RAM cleaning tool for windows that comes with an easy and clean interface to use.
Some of the features of Wise Memory Optimizer are listed below:
- Frees up the RAM storage by optimizing the physical memory’s unwanted programs even in the CPU’s idle mode.
- Instantly completes the optimization and scanning of the windows system.
- Uses minimal CPU and device memory.
Ashampoo win optimizer
Ashampoo win optimizer is the best option to optimize the performance of the system and ensure security.
Some key highlights are of Ashampoo Win Optimizer are:
- Optimization of network settings is achievable with the help of internet tuner feature.
- It deeply cleans the RAM.
- Ashampoo win optimizer clears the browsing history from several web browsers for optimal security.
- It alters the programs that run during the startup for faster and better system performance.
- Easy interface for every user lever, be it a beginner or an expert.
Bonus Pro Tips on Conclusion
1. Restart your system, which is a remedy that is renowned among most users.
2. Eliminate unwanted extensions from your web browser, as this consumes high RAM storage.
3. Get rid of large files if not necessary.
4. Keep your Windows Operating System up to date.
5. Keep the anti-viruses up to date.
6. Reduce the use of virtual background applications. They consume the RAM storage and drain the battery of your Laptop and other devices.